What is Two Wheeler Insurance?
A two wheeler policy provides financial aid in case of an unforeseen incidents that may cause damages to your vehicle. Without a valid insurance policy, you have to bear all the financial burden due to any loss or damages that may incur to your two wheeler, and even the loss that may come with the theft.
It provides financial protection against unfortunate accident that may cause damage to the vehicle or bodily injury to the rider, pillion, pedestrians or damages to the third-party property.
Why is it required?
• NO FINANCIAL STRESS!
It offers you a financial shield in case of theft or any damages caused by or to your two wheeler!
• OBLIGATORY BY LAW
A photocopy of valid insurance policy must be in your possession at all times.
• PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER
Two wheeler policy holder is covered with sum insured up-to Rs. 1 lakh in case of accidental death or total permanent disability.
• PEACE OF MIND
In the worst-case scenario, you are not obligated to spend tremendously on the repairs of your bike.
Features of Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance
• Stay Protected: Stay covered, stay protected against any loss or damage happen to the insured bike.
• Covers Third-party: Policyholder is financially covered against the third-party liability.
• Protection against theft: You are covered in case of theft of your beloved two wheeler.
• Personal Accident Cover: Offers sum insured of Rs.1 lakh for the owner-rider in case of accident and optional pillion rider cover.
• Increase the benefits: Various optional add-on covers are available with the comprehensive two wheeler policy to widen up the coverage.
Types of Two Wheeler Insurance Coverage
There are two types of two wheeler insurance policy:
• Third Party Liability Insurance
• Comprehensive Policy
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE
Third party liability insurance is mandatory in India as per the law. This policy covers only the damages or loss incurred by the insured bike. It also provides personal accident cover for the bike owner. However, none of the insurers will cover for any loss, damages incurred or theft of the insured bike.
A comprehensive policy covers own damages as well as the third-party liability. It also covers your bike in case of theft. A comprehensive policy provides a complete protection package against any natural calamities (Like Earthquake, Floods, Lightning, etc.) and man-made calamities (Like Riots, Strikes, Terrorism, etc.).
Inclusions and Exclusions of two wheeler Insurance
• Damages that might happen to your bike in an accident.
• Personal Accident Cover - if you (the owner-driver) are injured in a bike accident, the insurer compensates you.
• Financial protection to your bike from natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
• In case your two wheeler gets stolen, your insurer will pay an amount equal to your bike’s IDV.
• Coverage for damages caused during a man-made disaster. This includes riots, strikes, fire, and terrorism are covered..